Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Reception Supervisor / A.R. Manager
Status: Full-Time / Part-Time Seasonal
Summary: Operate telephone switchboard; relay messages to telephone stations. Greet members and guests.
Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
- Handle all phone call inquiries
- Stays current with Club events and changes
- Assists members with phone calls, addresses, changes, faxing, copies and mailings.
- Receive all packages, notify guests.
- Fill out charge tickets for postage, office supplies, Fed Ex, outgoing faxes, long distance calls and copies.
- Notify maintenance department when repairs are needed.
- Take dining room reservations when requested.
- Ensure guest sign-in book stays current
- Sort and distribute mail for the administrative office.
- Assist other departments when approved.
- Assist Account Receivable Manager with member’s monthly bills, incoming checks and file all members charge tickets
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Satisfactorily complete all other assigned duties.
Frequency Key: Never, Rarely, Occasionally, Frequently, Constantly
Physical Activity Frequency
Pushing/Pulling (# lbs.) 15 lbs., Occasional
Vision (near) Constantly
Vision (far) Constantly
Lifting/Carrying (#lbs.) 15 lbs., Frequently
Driving (Cart/Auto) Never
Excellent communication skills
Knowledge of computer applications / phone etiquette
Due to the nature of the Club industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Club.
OSHA and Cal OSHA laws may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health and safety.
- Back support belt, protective gloves and eye protection may be required on some occasions
- Follow all safely policies and procedures
Employees will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The Club provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective and/or damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor.
All employees are expected to maintain a neat and well-groomed professional appearance in accordance with Tamarisk Country Club standards.