Job Title: Assistant Tennis Professional
Department: Racquet Sports
Reports to: Tennis Professional
Status: Part-Time Seasonal
Date: September 17, 2021
Summary: Assist tennis professional in management of all facilities and activities related to tennis.
- Assists tennis professional as requested
- Records court reservations and lesson appointments.
- Assists with special tennis events.
- Helps keep tennis facility clean and in proper order
- Waters, rolls, drags surface and sweeps lines of clay courts.
- Performs any additional tasks needed to keep tennis courts and surrounding areas in good order.
- Participates with members at different skill levels on the tennis courts
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and presents a professional image at all times.
- Satisfactorily completes all duties as assigned.
Frequency Key: Never, Rarely, Occasionally, Frequently, Constantly
Physical Activity Frequency
- Sitting Rarely
- Walking Frequently
- Standing Frequently
- Climbing Never
- Crouching/Bending/Stooping Rarely
- Reaching Occasionally
- Grasping Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling (# lbs.) 20 lbs., Frequently
- Vision (near) Frequently
- Vision (far) Frequently
- Hearing Frequently
- Talking Frequently
- Smelling Rarely
- Lifting/Carrying (#lbs.) 10 lbs., Occasionally
- Driving (Cart/Auto) Never
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of tennis rules, etiquette and play
- Professional appearance
- Outgoing personality
Due to the nature of the Club industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Club.
OSHA and Cal OSHA laws may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health and safety.
- Back support belt, protective gloves and eye protection may be required on some occasions
- Follow all safely policies and procedures
Employees will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The Club provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective and/or damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor.
All employees are expected to maintain a neat and well-groomed professional appearance in accordance with Tamarisk Country Club standards.