Tamarisk Country Club
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Department: Dining Room
Reports to: Clubhouse Manager
Status: Seasonal Full-Time
Date: April 1, 2022
Responsible for management of dining room service in the manner most pleasing to members and their guests. Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in personnel and cleanliness of dining room. Supervise and train dining room staff. Manage within budgetary restraints. Develop and implement programs to increase revenues (repeat business and higher check averages).
- Schedules personnel and plans dining room setup based upon anticipated guest counts and client needs.
- Responsible for taking reservations checks table reservation schedules and maintains reservations log.
- Greets and seats members and guests.
- Supervises dining room staff to help assure proper service; pours coffee and takes orders when necessary.
- Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times.
- Hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates dining room staff.
- Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
- Receives and resolves complaints concerning food, beverages and service.
- Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff.
- Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
- Directs pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel; relays information and policy changes and briefs personnel.
- Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas, equipment and fixtures; checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
- Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout.
- Assists in the production of daily or meal-period revenue analyses and other reports from point of sale systems used in the dining room.
- Assures that the dining room and other club areas are secure at the end of the business day.
- Responsible to maintain an inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, salt and pepper holders, sugar bowls and linen and ensures that they are properly stored and accounted for.
- Maintains the dining room reservation system.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an on-going marketing program to increase dining room business.
- Works to help develop and supervise the revenue control system.
- Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; makes adjustments to achieve financial goals.
- Develops and continually updates and refines policy and procedure manuals for service staff to increase quality and to control costs.
- Assists in service and tableside cookery as needed.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Confirms that all dining room closing procedures have been completed and assures that area is secure.
- Designs floor plans in accordance with reservations.
- Plans operating budget for dining service responsibilities.
- May serve as club’s opening and closing manager or manager on duty.
- Assures that local and state laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Performs other appropriate assignments and projects as required by the Clubhouse Manager.
Frequency Key: Never, Rarely, Occasionally, Frequently, Constantly
Physical Activity Frequency
Pushing/Pulling ( # lbs.) 40 lbs., Occasionally
Vision (near) Constantly
Vision (far) Constantly
Lifting/Carrying (#lbs.) 30 lbs., Constantly
Driving Automobile / Cart Occasionally
Excellent communication skills
Exceptional Leadership skills
Knowledge of service skills
Knowledge of state and local beverage service laws
Ability to read and understand English
Due to the nature of the Club industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Club.
OSHA and Cal OSHA laws may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health and safety.
- Back support belt, protective gloves and eye protection may be required on some occasions
- Follow all safely policies and procedures
Employees will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The Club provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective and/or damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor.
All employees are expected to maintain a neat and well-groomed professional appearance in accordance with Tamarisk Country Club standards.