Head Golf Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: General Manager
Oversees and maintains all facets of the Tamarisk Golf Operation. Provides professional support, direction, management, training, and leadership to all golf and retail staff. Promotes and nurtures member relations to enhance the quality of the golf experience. Responsible for all day-to-day golf operations.
- Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with supervising Golf-related Food and Beverage offerings.
- Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in all areas of the Golf Department.
- Creates a member service-oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of members. Ensures that golf staff provide a high level of member service.
- Works closely with the Superintendent and the Food and Beverage Manager daily to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns staff areas of responsibility.
- Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and adjusts prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
- Provides leadership and vision to all golf staff, growing people, and preparing them for career advancement.
- Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining golf staff if necessary; addressing complaints and resolving member issues.
- Manages department members that may include but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, and Golf Services Attendants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new staff member. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs, and other relevant expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve member satisfaction.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director of Golf or General Manager.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Regularly stands, walks and sits. Occasionally climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Frequently uses hands; reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.