Job Title: Host / Hostess
Department: Dining Room
Reports to: Dining Room Manager
Status: Seasonal Part-Time
Date: September 17, 2021
Manage the service of members and guests in the dining room. Greet and seat guests. Maintain order and cleanliness. Assure that member satisfaction standards are consistently attained.
- Greets members and guests.
- Suggests and describes available appetizers, entrees, desserts, alcoholic beverages and wines to members and guests.
- Assures that all safety, accident and emergency policies and procedures are in place and consistently followed.
- Assures that revenue control procedures are continually followed.
- Inspects dining room to ensure proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety.
- Assures that pre-opening cleaning tasks are assigned and completed as required.
- Assists in resolving member and guest complaints.
- Manages the guest reservation system; manages a waiting list if necessary.
- Takes reservation calls.
- Assists with service of food and beverages in outlets and for special functions when needed.
- Coordinates any special requests including dietary needs with the Dining Room Manager and/or kitchen
- Assists with table clearing and re-setting as needed.
- Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by management.
Frequency Key: Never, Rarely, Occasionally, Frequently, Constantly
Physical Activity Frequency
- Sitting Occasionally
- Walking Frequently
- Standing Constantly
- Climbing Occasionally
- Crouching/Bending/Stooping Constantly
- Reaching Constantly
- Grasping Constantly
- Pushing/Pulling ( # lbs.) 20 lbs., Occasionally
- Vision (near) Constantly
- Vision (far) Constantly
- Hearing Constantly
- Talking Constantly
- Smelling Constantly
- Lifting/Carrying (#lbs.) 20 lbs., Occasionally
- Driving Cart Never
- Excellent communication and telephone skills
- Knowledge of service skills
- Ability to read and understand English
- Professional appearance
- Outgoing personality
Due to the nature of the Club industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Club.
OSHA and Cal OSHA laws may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health and safety.
- Back support belt, protective gloves and eye protection may be required on some occasions
- Follow all safely policies and procedures
Employees will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The Club provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective and/or damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor.
All employees are expected to maintain a neat and well-groomed professional appearance in accordance with Tamarisk Country Club standards.